Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hawaii Summary

.. Well my wife and I are just back from Hawaii (I enjoy the novelty of the word "wife" but it will take me a while before I'm used to it!). I'd go into great detail about our 10 days there but if I don't finish my PhD corrections soon I will have the shortest marriage since Britney Spears. So today I'll post a summary of the highlights and then go into detail in the coming days.
.
Overall, we had a great time and couldn't be happier with everything from the wedding to the honeymoon. We arrived on Friday June 20th and spent the better part of 3 days taking care of last minute logistics and details. On Sunday, June 22nd, we took everyone on the Star of Honolulu dinner cruise which was a lot of fun. The wedding was Monday, June 23rd and we were really happy with the way everything went from the beach ceremony to the cocktail hour to the dinner reception at the Sheraton Waikiki. On Tuesday, June 24th we took my side out to a fantastic brunch which was a lot of fun. Then Yumi and I joined her parents to climb Diamondhead, the iconic mountain at the southeast point of Oahu. After that we flew to the Big Island to start our 4 day honeymoon. Soaking in the beauty of the Big Island and Maui was incredible. The flora and fauna were spectacular but my highlights were the volcanoes, waterfalls, beaches, and cliffs. I look forward to sharing more stories and pictures in the coming days.
.
P.S. I'd love to get pictures from those of you who were there.
.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Brian and Yumi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark! We hope to see you and Rachel in December. Please give my regards to her and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moning tru, wantok Brian! I recently reconnected with Eric Troesch, and he sent me the link to your blog. Congrats on the wedding! Beautiful pictures. Ted and I are living in Williamsburg, VA, and have two kids: Evan (8) and Gina (6). Ted's a scientist, and I've been mostly at home with the kids but am planning to return to teaching. I have fond memories of our late night tok toks in Lae. Besta Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! What a wonderful surprise. Thank you for checking out the blog and getting in touch. Wow, it's hard to believe you have an 8 year old and a 6 year old! Was it really that long ago that we were in PNG?!

    Take care and keep in touch,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete