Tuesday, July 1, 2008

4. June 24: Oahu - Day after Wedding

Tuesday morning, I got up at 8:30 am and started packing up, letting my new bride sleep in. I thought we'd have plenty of time to pack up but I was wrong. After an hour of packing, I awoke Yumi and she helped me pack up for another hour and we finally left to meet my familiy and friends at 10:45 am despite agreeing to meet at the Sheraton at 10:30 am. Nevertheless, we finally made it and then walked over to Eggs 'n Things which had been recommended to us. The brunch was fantastic. The servings were huge and delicious. It was a fun time; we were finally able to really relax. After breakfast we rolled out of the restaurant and said our goodbyes. We walked back to the Sheraton and on to Embassy Suites and met up with Yumi's parents.
.

From there we took a taxi to Diamond Head which we duly climbed. I enjoyed the moderate challenge and the gorgeous views. After descending, we took a taxi back to the hotel, showered, and took a taxi to the airport, with a stop to drop off my tux.

Our Go! flight took us uneventfully from Honolulu to Kona on the Big Island, depositing us around 8:45 pm. We picked up our rental car and drove the short distance to our hotel: the Kona Seaside Hotel. It was bad. It must have been built in the 1970s and not touched since, although I have to say, we did have an ocean view. We were pretty unhappy but I took solice in the fact that Yumi booked it. :-) We walked next door to Quinn's for dinner and had a glutonous meal, then walked back and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment