Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Thailand day 4: Ayuthaya

Wednesday, December 19th
After yet another tasty Thai breakfast, I was generously given a lift to Ayuthaya by the Belgian couple, Michael and Ingrid. We left around 9am and arrived around 11am. I checked into my very nice hostel room (clean, nice bed, even a/c and a TV!). With only a bit more than 1/2 a day to see the sights, I opted for more pricey personal tours. The hostel helped me hire a tuk-tuk driver for 3 hours ($20) and a 1.5 hour boat ride around the city ($13).
.
The tuk-tuk driver took me to Wat Yai Chaya Monkol with a reclining Buddha, Wat Phri Si Samphet (chedi towers), Wihaan Mongkhon Bophit (giant Buddha), and Wat Ratburana (including the Buddha in the tree).
.
The boat tour included 3 stops: the Chinese Wat Phanan Chong, Wat Phutthaisawan, and Wat Chai Wattanaram.

No comments:

Post a Comment