Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fog of Travel


.
Well I'm back in Yokohama and still in a bit of a fog.  It's been a wild 3 weeks. Today was my first day back at work and it was nice even if I was exhausted. The kids seemed happy to see me which was a good feeling.
.
There's still so much I want to say about the last 3 weeks, but if I keep waiting for time to write it all, I'll never write anything.  So I'll take a modest bite and discuss my affection for Belfast and how great it was to be back.
.
I really had a great 3+ years in Belfast: University life, Queen's Film Theatre (art-house cinema), Botanic Gardens, Belfast Festival at Queen's, weekly soccer (er, football) matches, daily tea breaks, Pugwash, lectures and courses for fun (French, Philosophy, Religion, etc.), and of course travel all over Europe and beyond (Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, England, Spain, France, Morocco, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Greece, Israel, and Japan!).
.
It was amazing how familiar everything seemed to me when I returned.  I had been away for 2 1/2 years but it seemed like it had only been a month.  Sure there were some new buildings and restaurants but it is fundamentally the same.  More later...
.
P.S. Happy Birthday, Yumi!  :-)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment