Saturday, August 16, 2008

Japundit

I've been on a self-imposed two-week moritorium on Japundit because I was annoyed at the owner of the site once again starting a partisan attack and then censoring me when I respond. This particular episode was him taking a swipe at "weird and liberal Californians." I am currently ignoring his current bait of asking if the Spanish basketball team's photo was really racist.

Nevertheless I do enjoy the outlet for sharing what I read about Japan and engaging in conversations about Japan and its culture. So today, I ended the moritorium and we'll see how things go. Since my last Japundit post here, I've written posts there on the death of the founder of Benihana's, Asian tourists in Japan, lawyers in rural
Japan, Japanese photographer Hiroshi Hamaya, tourism in Japan, and foreign labor in Japan. I think that the two most interesting articles are the one on Rocky Aoki of Benihana's fame and foreign labor in Japan. Aoki created good restaurants and led an intersting life. Foreign labor here is a controversial and touchy topic and gives a window into the culture here.
.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'm a wierd and liberal Californian. Perhaps I should not return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marie - great to hear from you - how are you doing?

    I'm not sure I want to return! It can be pretty extreme over there these days. What is worse is that it is biased and intolerant of divergent opinions. The worst part is the occasional censorship. The minuses are starting to outweigh the pluses.

    ReplyDelete