Friday, June 6, 2008

Weekly Japundit Posts

It's been a slow Japan-news week. Here are the few articles I posted over the past week:
.
.
The last post is the new David Sedaris book. Sedaris may be the funniest man on the planet. This book takes place, at least partly in Hiroshima (where he went to quit smoking).
.
I very much enjoy having an outlet for sharing the articles I read and hearing other peoples' opinions, but I am bit disillusioned with some of the right-wing commentariat on the site, including the owner. First there was a discussion of the word 'Oriental', which got a little heated and was prematurely cut off. Then he censors my comments including defending NPR and the New York Times after they were attacked (in comments which weren't censored), and then another quip was censored (about Bush's 32% approval ratings seeming downright popular next to Fukuda's 20%) and then he turned around and posted something about dumb Obama fans in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment