Monday, June 9, 2008

A Fitting End

On Friday, the middle school and high school (all 15 students) had an all-day, end-of-the-year picnic at a nearby beach which was a lot of fun. They cooked out on a grill, swam in the ocean and played frisbee and other games on the beach. It was a nice reminder of what a nice group of kids I have and what a good job I have. Incidentally, Yumi works very close to where we had the picnic, so at my students' urging, I got her to join us (the kids were really excited to meet her).
.
This has probably been the craziest year of my life (moving to Japan, Ph.D., engagement, wedding, etc.) and without a job which was so laid-back, accomodating, and reasonably drama-free (one incident notwithstanding), finishing the Ph.D. would have been impossible. I'm looking forward to next year and I've already started brainstorming new ideas to make things better.
.
Without further ado, here are a few pictures from the day.
.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics...reminded me of our old group. You and Yumi look great can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We're looking forward to seeing you too!

    As for your Marshall group, that was really special. This group is fun, too, but it's not the same. It is unique, though, that we spend so much time together because the school is so small and as a result we get to know each other really well.

    ReplyDelete