Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rain Procedures

We've had a bit of rain here recently which has brought to my attention more subtle differences in case I needed a reminder that I'm living in a foreign country.
.
1. The umbrella stand
Most stores, buildings, and restaurtants have stands outside for umbrellas so that you don't track water all over when it's raining.
.
2. The umbrella bag
The alternative to the umbrella stand is the, er, umbrella condom for lack of a better term. It's just a narrow plastic bag to put your umbrella in when it is wet. In some places, there is a machine to get the umbrella into the bag for you (they think of everything, don't they?)
.
3. Spare umbrellas
I've noticed a lot of public places, including the building where I work, that there are lots of spare umbrellas sitting around, presumably to use if you need one. Go figure. Yumi said she took one from work yesterday because hers broke.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment